A judge has demanded medical evidence about the health of a man accused of attacking former international footballer Colin Hendry.
Hector McFarlane, 64, of South Holme, Lytham, is alleged to have assaulted Hendry and his daughter Rheagan.
The offences are said to have taken place in Lytham on June 15 last year.
McFarlane’s wife, Williamina, 62, of the same address, is accused of behaving in a threatening manner towards Rheagan.
A previous court had issued warrants without bail for the arrest of the McFarlane’s after they failed to attend court
At the 11th hearing of the case, Suzanne Mugford, defending, asked for the arrest warrants against the McFarlane’s to be withdrawn.
Ms Mugford said the couple were in Thailand and Mr McFarlane had had an operation on his knee. After the operation it became apparent he could not travel for some time.
District Judge, Jim Clarke, sitting at Blackpool Magistrates’ Court agreed to withdraw the warrants.
The judge said: “I will adjourn the case for three weeks for medical evidence to be produced on his health, any recent or planned operation and whether Mr McFarlane is fit to travel.
“Of course a fair trial can take place in the absence of the defendants as long as the solicitors are properly instructed.
“There could also possibly be a video link from Thailand.”