Woman attacked boxer in pub

Adam Little
Adam Little

A professional boxer today told how he is still to receive an apology after being left with three shattered teeth after he was attacked by a woman in a bar.

Boxing star Adam “The Big Man” Little, who has won 12 successive fights in his bid for the English welterweight title was attacked by mother of one Kiah Kuzan.

The incident, which happened in the Stables Bar, Kirkham, on New Year’s Eve, left Mr Little with one of his front teeth shattered, another broken in half and another pushed backwards.

Prosecutor Pam Smith told magistrates at Blackpool there had been a confrontation between some men in the pub toilets.

Little stepped in and stopped the altercation. One of the men was ejected by door staff.

The boxer went to speak to the door staff to tell them they had picked out the wrong man and that he had nothing to do with the dispute.

But before he could get to the door staff he was confronted by 22-year-old Kuzan – the ejected man’s girlfriend. Kuzan screamed at the boxer and struck him in the face.

Today Mr Little, who called the attack “shocking” said Kuzan had yet to apologise.

He added: “I thought I did the right thing helping out.

“If I saw the same thing happen again I would react the same way. I think there is not enough people who help each other in life – I just wanted to help out.

“It was a bit shocking. I understand people can get the wrong end of the stick. To have tried to help someone and get my teeth knocked out I do not find right.

“There’s been no apology. It is a bit easier to take if she says sorry. Sometimes an apology can go a long way. She thought I had beaten up her boyfriend in the toilet. But to show no remorse after finding I helped is disappointing.”

Mr Little said the incident had left a lasting impression on him. He added: “In the local area I train hard and depend on people looking at that.

“The last thing I want is for people to think I behave like that.

“I had to have one of the teeth rebuilt, one taken out and one pushed back into place. I do not understand why she has not had the dignity to say sorry – that is wrong.”

After the attack the boxer received a Facebook message containing a picture of Kuzan, who added the words:”Good luck in your career.”

Kuzan of Stanley Street, Kirkham, admitted assaulting Little, who is currently in the Ricky Hatton stable of fighters and is due to fight for the English title later this year.

The shopworker was handed an eight-week jail term suspended for a year, put on a four week 9pm to 6am curfew and was ordered to pay £800 compensation for dental work to Mr Little’s teeth.

Michael Ball, defending, said Kuzan mistakenly thought Little was to blame for her boyfriend being kicked out of the bar.

He said: “She had no intention of injuring him in this way.”