It was one of a series of incidents highlighted by the RSPCA as they rounded up their top animal rescues of 2018, including a venomous scorpion, a cat impaled on railings, and a hamster rescued by a hand-crafted ladder after being stuck in a pipe for almost a week.
A goat who got her head stuck between the bars of a metal fence in Norton, Stockton-on-Tees
A squirrel stuck in a toilet in a house in Southwark, London
A cat after falling onto metal railings in London. Miraculously, the railings had narrowly missed his vital organs
A muntjac deer trapped upside-down between two walls in Bedworth, Warwickshire
A fox was found wedged in a front car grille more than 12 hours after being hit in an accident
A cat who got wedged inside a tumble dryer air vent at her home in Kidderminster, Worcestershire
RSPCA animal collection officer Glenn Baird had to use butter to free her. He said: I put butter inside the pipe using a lolly stick, removed the vent cover with my hammer and pushed her. Luckily, she slid right out.
A fox cub who got his head stuck in the hole of an abandoned car wheel in Leyton, London
A dog with his head stuck in a TV cabinet in Birkenhead, Merseyside
Safe and sound: Inspector Anthony Joynes with eight-week-old Yorkshire terrier puppy Ringo Starr
A man had a fright when he sat down to eat his breakfast - and a snake slithered out of the cereal box and into the dishwasher
A badger wedged between branches in Harefield, London
A hamster who got wedged in a tiny pipe for almost a week in Bridgwater in Somerset
A tiny hand-crafted ladder made to get the hamster out of the pipe
A cat stuck in a gap between two electric doors at the Premier Inn, in Luton, Bedfordshire