A safety warning has been issued after firefighters were called to a kitchen blaze in Poulton-le-Fylde.
Householders have been urged to make sure they switch off cookers after preparing food following the incident in Moorway.
Crews from Bispham and Blackpool tackled the fire which erupted after fat in a grill pan ignited at around 9.20 on Friday night.
The property was heavily smoke-logged and the firefighters had to use a portable fan to clear the premises.
A fire brigade spokesman said: “The occupant had been cooking food in the grill and had removed it, but she forgot to turn the grill off.
“Fat in the grill pan can easily catch fire if the grill isn’t clean. It ignited and the fire then got into the workings of the oven.
“The occupants made an attempt to put the fire out, but after a while they admitted defeat and called us out.
“These things shouldn’t be messed with, especially in an electric oven. They did the right thing by getting out and calling us.
“Also we found there weren’t any working smoke alarms in the property. If there had been they would have had an early warning and may have been able to pull the grill pan out before it really caught hold.”