Youth football round-up: Blackpool and Poulton leagues

BJFF Blades are flying the flag for the Fylde coast and in the Goldbond Blackpool and District Youth Football League.

Thursday, 8th December 2016, 10:21 am
Updated Wednesday, 14th December 2016, 1:36 pm
Lytham Juniors U16 v Spirit of Youth

They won through to the Under-13 Lancashire FA Cup semi-finals with a stunning 2-1 win against the much-fancied Walshaw Sports Club.

The Blades were losing 1-0 at the break before a rallying second-half performance saw Harrison Giggal equalise, then Jimmy Wilde got the winner to send them through. Donny Barratt was man of the match.

And after they knocked out the holders in the last round, there is a fantastic chance for them to lift the trophy.

There was double joy for the Blades as the Alpha Gold League’s second-placed club Foxhall failed to overtake them as they lost out 3-2 at Fleetwood Town, despite goals from Harry Melia and Aiden Wright. Taylor Joyce scored a brace for Town and Emily Slater was also on target.

Daniel Fryer led the way for Squires Gate with four goals on his debut in their 7-0 win over Thornton Cleveleys Reds.

Angel Karadzhinov, Matthew Kelsey and Kobe Gregory also scored.

YMCA lost 2-1 to Poulton in a hard fought encounter at Cottam Hall, Aaron Pope scoring both the hosts’ goals.

An even first half ended with Poulton leading 2-1, YMCA’s goal coming from a header by Archie Hingley, which was deflected in off a Poulton defender.

It remained an even encounter after the restart but YMCA were unable to penetrate the home defence again. Mikey Ashton and Olly Hesford both impressed throughout for YMCAgoals.

In the Alpha Silver competition, Layton extended their lead as goals from Ben Stevely, Billy Ogden and Ryan Jones gave them a 3-0 win over BJFF Vipers,

Thornton Cleveleys Whites lost ground on them as a Prince Yelegon goal wasn’t enough to beat Lytham Maroons and Louis Eunson levelled to share the points.

Dominic Turner scored four as Kirkham Reds beat Foxhall Hoops 8-0. Reece Johnson, Brandon Perez-Berna, Matthew Nixon and an Alfie Renshaw penalty completed the scoring.

Matthew Guy scored a brace and Justin Smith and Carl Wallace also found the target for FC Rangers as they beat Lytham Blues 4-0.

In the Under-18 division, it was a good day for namesakes as Conor Smith scored a hat-trick and Connor Smith a brace as Foxhall went seven points clear after their 10-0 win over Fleetwood Town.

Aaron Waterfield also scored a hat-trick, while Oli Muir and Charlie Allan completed the scoring.

St Annes continued their fine form as a Can Wyke hat-trick and further strikes from Sam Akrill and Alex Varley gave them a 5-1 win over Fleetwood Town Rangers.

In the Under-16 division, Lytham took their unbeaten run to nine games with a 7-0 win over Spirit of Youth.

Lytham created several chances but had to wait until the 35th minute to open the scoring, when Daniel Chase converted after a fine run and cross by Tom Pinsett.

Kai Clarkson Lowe, scored twice in a minute, the second following a great run from Ollie Seers, to give Lytham a 3-0 interval lead.

Lytham dominated the second half, with Josh Serghi making it four.

James Ludlam headed home a corner, Kai Clarkson Lowe completed his hat-trick direct from a corner and Daniel Pilling completed the scoring with a great left-foot strike.

Tom Reardon and Billy Gallagher were impressive for Lytham.

There were wins for YMCA in the Poulton and District Youth League.

YMCA Under-12s were on top from the start at home to Thornton Cleveleys Reds at a cold, damp and overcast Seafield Road, eventually running out 8-0 winners.

The visitors found it difficult to contain YMCA’s fine flowing football and the home side went into half-time with a 5-0 lead.

YMCA continued to control the game after the restart and added a further three goals to complete a comprehensive victory.

New signing Dean Fenwick claimed a hat-trick on his YMCA debut, with Noah Mawene bagging three goals also.

Strikes by Yash Passi and Kaiden Pirrie completed the scoring, and both Finn Pearson and Ross Hurst impressed in a fine YMCA team performance.

The YMCA Under-15s headed north to face Fleetwood Gym and returned with all three points after surviving a spirited late rally from the home side to win 3-2.

YMCA had the upper hand in the first half and reached the interval 2-0 ahead.

They added a third goal after half -time to give them a comfortable three- goal lead.

However, Gym then came right back into the game and pulled two goals back to create a nervy finish for YMCA, who managed to hold on to their advantage.

The impressive Taylor Stock netted twice for YMCA, with Toby Grant also on target. Olly Fishwick was notable throughout.